Secondary Network Consultant
$45,000.00 - $55,000.00/Year
Service Delivery Team
The Secondary Network Consultant is primarily responsible for onsite service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all technology, including: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Google Cloud, Microsoft, and VMware.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Google Cloud.
- System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, or agreed outages.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes, agreed outages, etc.
- Maintain specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been established through the dispatch process.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Enter all work as service tickets in ConnectWise.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, ConnectWise CCPA, LabTech LTCP, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- BA/BS, preferably in computer science, or a related field and/or industry certifications a plus.
- 3 years of IT experience.
- Valid driver’s license and ownership of personal automobile.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Health, vision, and dental benefits included.
- Performance based incentives.
- Generous bonus levels.
- Full on the job training & support.
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement.
Only local candidates need apply.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.